Psalm 45v1

18 June 2008

This blog is for me.  Or maybe, this blog is for you.  

For four years, I have chronicled the journey of our family's move to cross-cultural life and work in Ireland.  I realized today - as I wrote a post for prayer for my son - that I needed a space where words could not be minced and where my own journey from safety to risk could be laid bare.  This is with the hope that you can join me here, too, for my journey is definitely not the only one being taken.

Also, this won't always be as heavy as this first post might feel now.  I hope it to be light and airy and full of life and grace.  It's just that God has brought me to a heavy moment and the need, always the need, to write.

And as for the title of this blog and the purpose... my life verse, only read today for the first time from The Message:

My heart bursts its banks, spilling beauty and goodness. 
I pour it out in a poem to the king,
shaping the river into words...

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I like your verse. I started to blog recently for the same reason, a place to write where I could say what I wanted to.

    There are just times that life is heavy. It's ok. Praying for you today.
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS